1st Draft Online Your Commitment
- produce a maximum of 3,000 words every two weeks and email them to your mentor for review.
- discuss the progress of your story/memoir with your mentor as you progress through your manuscript.
- meet with your mentor monthly via Skype or telephone conference.
- prepare a copy of your manuscript at the 20,000 word mark and email it to your mentor by the date established for this review. (This is the eighth workshop date of the first segment.)
- meet with your mentor via Skype, telephone, or in person if possible, for a discussion of the 20,000 word review. This interview takes about two hours and the discussion celebrates the strengths of your novel or memoir, as well as addressing any questions that you wish to raise. At this time your mentor also addresses questions that may arise for the reader, and suggests directions that may prove fruitful for you to explore as you complete your first draft.
- Once this review is complete, the second segment commences and the second payment is due.
Your writing commitment for PARTS TWO and THREE (8 submission dates each) is identical to PART ONE. (Except there are no further 20,000 word reviews.)
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have finished your first draft, a substantive edit of your entire manuscript is available from your mentor for an additional fee. For more information, please see the Second Draft description on this website.