PART 2: PLAN & FINISH YOUR REWRITE
Participants complete the Substantive Edit Rewrite Plan with their mentor at the beginning of this segment.
- This process is conducted one-on-one by email correspondence with your A Novel Approach mentor, although the opportunity for in-person discussions will be available during the many silent writing dates here at Uplands Retreats.
- Shortly after the SUBSTANTIVE EDIT discussion, participants make decisions regarding possible rewrite approaches and prepare a plan with your mentor.
- Rewrites are submitted by email on a bi-weekly schedule, or at the conclusion of silent writing dates, at the author’s discretion.
- Your mentor reviews the chapters as they are received, keeping in mind the rewrite plan objectives, and makes further suggestions if needed.
- The writer accepts or rejects these suggestions, resubmits the chapter for a final review by your mentor before moving on to the next segment.
- Writers and mentors meet monthly face-to-face using Skype, telephone or in-person if the distance is not too great to travel.
- Every second Thursday (starting October 4th) Uplands is available to participants for silent writing days.
- All of the participating writers are welcome to write together during the morning or evening time slots.
- There are TWELVE of these silent writing days, a total of 36 hours or more of rewriting time.
(CLICK HERE to VISIT the SILENT WRITING THURSDAY PAGE)
- During the first half hour of each writing day segment, join your fellow writers, check-in on your progress, share successes and frustrations, perhaps share a short excerpt of new work. (This is completely voluntary.)
- The Rewrite Target Completion date is March Break, 2019. (approximately 5 to 6 months after the Substantive Edit)
- The objective is to finish the rewrite by March Break 2019 so your energy can then be applied to PART 3 during the following months, if you choose to continue with the 9 week ‘PREPARING YOU AND YOUR BOOK FOR THE MARKETPLACE’ Workshop.
$1,490 (+ HST) payable on or before the first writing date, if paying in full.
$1,650 (+ HST) if paying in INSTALLMENTS. (Details on the Payment Page)
Please note that the payment for the 9 week intensive promotion workshop (starting April 5th) of $385.00 + HST is not due until the first of the nine workshops.