PART 2: PLAN & FINISH YOUR REWRITE
Participants complete the Substantive Edit Rewrite Plan with your mentor before starting the rewrite.
- This process is conducted one-on-one by email correspondence and supported with a one hour online Zoom format meeting every two weeks.
- Shortly after the SUBSTANTIVE EDIT discussion, participants make decisions regarding possible rewrite approaches and prepare a plan with your mentor.
- Rewrites are submitted by email on a bi-weekly schedule, or at a faster pace, at the author’s discretion.
- Your mentor reviews the chapters as they are received, keeping in mind the rewrite plan objectives, and makes further suggestions if needed. Note that the feedback and discussion regarding rewrites is conducted one on one between each author and the mentor. Authors do not engage with other writers who may have been in the First Draft class.
- The writer accepts or rejects each mentor suggestion, resubmits the chapter for a final review by your mentor before moving on to the next segment.
- Writers and mentors meet twice a month online using zoom or by telephone. You decide in each case.
- The objective is to finish the rewrite and then take a summer break before starting PART 3, the 9 week ‘PREPARING YOU AND YOUR BOOK FOR THE MARKETPLACE’ Workshop, that starts in September, 2020.
Since every author’s needs are unique, we present a package that includes 10 hours of reading, feedback and online meetings at a time:
The process traditionally utilizes the 10 hours like this:
- 4 one hour zoom meetings (biweekly for 2 months)
- 6 hours of emailing, discussion, reading and written feedback.
Writers and mentors meet twice a month online using zoom or telephone. You decide in each case.
You decide how to best use your 10 hours.
If you decide to perform substantial and speedy rewrites more quickly than the biweekly schedule design, most of those hours will be employed by your mentor reading and providing written feedback with fewer online meetings.
If your rewrite is straightforward and manageable, it is likely you will complete your rewrites in one segment. If your rewrite is substantial, or more involved than expected, or you have limited time to spend on it due to other commitments, simply register for another 10 hour segment, until completion. If you choose to take a break for a few months, no worries. Your unused hours are saved for yo until you need them again.
$600 (+ HST) payable on or before the first submission date.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for PART TWO: Finish Your Rewrite.
Please note that the payment for the 9 week intensive promotion workshop (starting in September, 2020) of $385.00 + HST is paid separately.