Why Use a Website?
Why “A Novel Approach” website?
- Creates an opportunity for you and your classmates to watch each other’s manuscripts grow over the course of the year.
- Provides a simple way of sharing manuscripts. Every two weeks you post your 3000 words on the secure website.
- Provides security and privacy. You will have a private password that will allow you and the facilitator to read and make comments about your own, and the other participant’s works in progress.
- Only the facilitator and members of the group are able to access it and make comments.
- Provides a central place to reference the syllabus and key aspects of the discussions from each class.
(All workshop assignments and lesson plans will be listed on the website for those who missed a class or would like to revisit lesson plans or assignments.)
- Provides a location for a back-up copy of your work in progress. The entire website is backed up regularly.
(PLEASE NOTE: Students should always have two copies of their manuscripts – one on the website and one on their own computer or a USB flashdrive)
- Includes a discussion page THE WATERCOOLER where participants can converse with each other.