Why Use a Website?
Why “A Novel Approach” website?
- Creates an opportunity for you and your classmates to watch each other’s manuscripts grow over the course of the year.
- Provides a simple way of sharing manuscripts. Every two weeks you post your 3000 words on the secure website.
- Provides security and privacy. You will have a private password that will allow you and the facilitator to read and make comments about your own, and the other participant’s works in progress.
- Only the facilitator and members of the group are able to access it and make comments.
- Provides a central place to reference the syllabus and key aspects of the discussions from each class.
(All workshop assignments and lesson plans are listed on the website for those who missed a class or would like to revisit lesson plans or assignments.)
- Provides a location for a back-up copy of your work in progress. The entire website is backed up regularly.
(PLEASE NOTE: Students should always save two copies of their manuscript – one on their own computer and a backup in the cloud or on an external drive kept in a safe place.)
- Includes a discussion page (THE WATERCOOLER) where participants converse with each other about writing-related topics.