“The teaching of craft can be done without damage to a writer’s original voice or artistic self-esteem.”
― Pat Schneider (the 4th precept of the AWA Method)
Why Do We Use a Secure, Private Website?
- Creates an opportunity for you and your classmates to enjoy each other’s manuscripts grow over the course of the year.
- Provides a simple way of sharing manuscripts. Every two weeks you post your 3000 words on the secure website.
- Provides security and privacy. You will have a private password that will allow you and the facilitator to read and make comments about your own postings and the other participant’s works in progress.
- Only the facilitator and members of the group are able to access it and make comments.
- Provides a central place to reference the syllabus and key aspects of the discussions from each class.
(All workshop assignments and lesson plans are listed on the website for those who missed a class or would like to revisit lesson plans or assignments.)
- Provides a location for a back-up copy of your work in progress. The entire website is backed up regularly.
(PLEASE NOTE: Students should always save two copies of their manuscript – one on their own computer and a backup in the cloud or on an external drive kept in a safe place.)
- Includes a discussion page where participants have the option of conversing with each other about writing-related topics.